While the impact of agency green-lending programs is expected to be positive in both environmental and financial terms, of particular interest to lenders are the financial benefits which include:
- Reduction in building operating costs (resulting in higher Net Operating Income or “NOI”)
- Increase in building valuation and sale price
- Reduced maintenance time and costs
- Management of the risk inherent in variable utility costs
- Ability to charge rental rate premiums and improve tenant retention
Do you or your clients want to know more about them?
While green lending programs can be of major benefit to developers and the environment alike, there’s a learning curve for borrowers wanting to implement green measures. Our green lending report explains it all!